Monday, September 12, 2016

Hilliard Ohio #12

Hello Family,

This week has been very good and we have been finding a lot of new investigators as we have been walking around. We have yet to have many second appointments but we have hope. I don't think I am getting trunky, I haven't stopped working as hard as I was in the beginning. Anyway the weather has been good so far. Yesterday nearly killed me though because we had a increase in temperature and humidity and I almost melted. All is good here though in good old Hilliard.

This week we had some good lessons with Jeffrey and with Janet but I think that they are starting to back peddle a little. We also met and taught this girl named Marrena and we have met with her twice now. She said she would try to come to church but she would talk to her mom first. So we are hoping that mom is ok with it. Also met with Amanda and had a good lesson on faith and prayer. She is cool and we hope that she changes from just a study to actually applying what we teach to her life.


We also had a cool experience were we got a media referral meaning someone requested something for them selves on our church websites. The person who requested it was actually a member who joined the church in Haiti and he wanted us to come teach his wife. We gave them a Book of Mormon and we taught them a little and set up a return appointment to come and give them a French Book of Mormon. It's always cool when people come to us rather than us trying to find them.


Also had a cool experience were we are going to be visiting and teaching a Muslim couple. Lately we have been running into a lot of Muslim people and they are so hard to get interested in what we share. They are very nice but they want us to read the Karan, but we can't and that has been our friction point with them. But this couple was ok with us coming by and bringing a member that has read the Karan. So I am excited to see what happens in that lesson.


Well I don't know what else to share with you other than that our zone is preparing to sing at a fireside we are hosting. It's been fun and I will be singing Baritone and bass on one of the songs. I am hoping you all had a safe trip home and that all is well with you. I love you all very much and will continue to work hard all the way home. Maybe this time I will sit next to someone who will talk with me. Anyway love you all again! 



Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment