Monday, February 9, 2015

Raynoldsburg OH

Sounds like this was a crazy week for you guys with the rain. I'm happy to say that this week was for the most part really warm. It was sunny and it was 45 degrees. I loved it because I didn't need to wear my coat. The car makes things really nice. We have 1100 miles for each month. So about 39 miles a day. We do indeed have bike racks on the cars, in fact every mission car here has a bike rack. I wish we could get through to all of our investigators but a lot of them just are not progressing. Which means they are not reading or praying about the Book of Mormon. It's sad but we are not going to visit them for a little while and see if that gets them into action. Its a sad part of missionary work were we stop talking to them to see if they decide to continue to do the things that we commit them to do or if they decide to not talk to us anymore. So this week we have prayed about it and feel that we have to give a lot of our investigators a break.
  So because of that we have been doing a lot of finding this week. In other words we were out in the cold knocking on doors all day. So one night (your going to love this) we were knocking on doors in this really nice neighborhood. It was like 8:30 and I knock on this one door to this big nice house on a street called Strawberry hill. The lights are not on in the house but I decided to knock anyway. So this man comes to the door. It a double door and its all glass so I can see right in to there house. He comes to the door and he shines this little flash light in my eyes and then slowly answers the door. He then gruffly asks me what I want. So I tell him that I'm a missionary and that we are sharing a message about Jesus Christ. He then says that its late and that he's not interested, and as he saying this he moves his hand that was behind his back and puts it on the glass door. In his had though he has this pistol that maybe was a .9m or maybe a .45 IDK. But it had a huge clip on it. Of course though I don't see it till after I ask if we could come by at a better time. I then see the gun and tell him to have a nice night and walk away. That was a fun experience.
  Other then that we were able to find several new investigators one of them is a family. The Velderrain family. They were so cool. We taught the first lesson and they were interested and of course had questions but I have a really good feelings about them. After our lesson the offered us dinner they were so nice, but we had to leave. We also taught this lady named Carol on here door step and she was also very interested. Something cool about that lesson was that it was really cold that day like 20 degrees and windy, needless to say it was really cold. She came out side in her pj's and a shawl type thing. So we taught a lesson as fast as we could and after we apologized for keeping her out side for to long. She said that she wasn't cold and that she actually felt really warm. That was a tender mercy from God. We then taught a man named Pablo who was raised Catholic in Mexico but considered himself Atheist. He said that he couldn't prove that there was not a god he just hadn't felt him in his life. He also said that he had not prayed in a long time, but we were able to get him to say that he would read and pray about the Book of Mormon. We even got him to pray at the end of the lesson. The spirit has been very strong and prevalent in my life these last few days of this week. It has made my testimony grow. I know that this church is true and that God loves and guides us. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that is something that can guide us and help us in our lives if we just have faith. I know that I'm were the lord wants me to be and I can't imagine being anywhere else. I miss you and love you all. Continue to write me. 

Love Elder Young
P.s If you want things to get to me fast just send it to my apartment, because if you send it to the mission home I have to wait for them to drop it off the next time they are over in Reynoldsburg when ever that is.

I have a big head and little arms, I don't know how well this plan has been thought through.
Oh look I've been impaled
So long Suckers
Kevin's a girl?

Crack House!

No comments:

Post a Comment