Monday, June 20, 2016

Marble Cliff #4

Hey Dad,

Sorry to hear that the weather is also undesirable there as well, it makes work outside terrible. The weather has gotten better or I am just slowly getting use to it. We have been doing a lot of finding this week and it has paid off a little which is always great for us and staying busy. Sadly  though Dj said that he liked us coming over but that they were comfortable where they are. Big let down but we have found others that are ready.

This week we have been meeting with this guy name Gary and he is awesome. He is by far the nicest and most genuine person I have met so far. He is meeting with us because of how nice Elder Cox was to him when they met. We have since taught the first lesson and read the first couple chapters of the Book of Mormon with him. We hope that he comes to church this Sunday and feels the spirt. Its kind of fun having the temple next to our meeting house because people just have tons of questions.

Also on Sunday after Sacrament I noticed a guy that I have never seen before, so I walked over and introduced myself. Turns out he was invited to come to church by some members of another ward and he just walked into our sacrament service. His name is Ali Kamara and he is from Sierra Leone and he is muslim. He wants to learn about our church and he said that he will come to church every Sunday and bring friends when he can. We cant wait to teach him.

There have been many people that have either came up to us or we have met that are very open to meeting with us. All the hard work is paying off or in other words the lord is moving the work forward and I have been blessed to see it happen. I have made it this far and I still make rookie mistakes. Despite all my short comings and those of all the missionaries, the church grows faster and faster. What a weird thought that a global church would put so much trust in young adults to spread the Gospel. Just shows even more the hand of the lord.

I thank you for your offer on the Alfalfa and ginger but I do good if I get small doses of milk through the day. I just cant eat bowls of ice cream or a bowl of cereal with out paying the consequences. My other allergies are doing fine though. I'm not that allergic to Ohio as Oregon which is great for me at the moment. I just feel older when I talk to missionaries and I say that I have hay fever, can't eat milk, and when I walk a lot I feel my left hip click. I have a growing list of medical conditions. At least I have my list and not somebody else's list. Oh well life continues, no point in crying about. I complain a lot how do you live with me?

I hope that you have a good Father's Day and that you and Rocky get along since everyone is gone. I love you and think of you everyday. Your sacrifices for my benefit have not gone unnoticed. Love you tons.

Ps I ate frog legs the other day and their not bad.


Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment