Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Mansfield OH #16

Hello Family,

I get to write you way earlier than usual this week because this morning I am going to an end of summer fun day with some of the zones from the mission. It should be fun even though I won't have time to do anything after. Anyway I have mixed feelings about these events, you know how I am. This week was really good though!

So we had a good number of lessons this week but of course the lesson with Joe is the most memorable. He is such a spiritual giant and he teaches me every time we meet with him. What was funny was this lesson he told us that he learned something and that he doesn't always learn something new. That was funny and awesome to hear at the same time. We taught him the Plan of Salvation which he had some interesting views on, but we pushed forward following the spirit and he loved it. He said that it was new and something he had never heard before but it went along with what he felt was right.

It cool how the spirit works no how we don't teach new things we just bring to remembrance what they had already learned before this life. Nothing we teach is new to them because they have accepted it before they came here. All we can hope is that they have a open heart and open mind. Joe is on a path and is going to be baptized once we get some things in order but he will be baptized. I may not be here to see it but it will happen.

I love it here in Ohio, and I love the people and how they are so open to talk about religion. They are searching for things that will bring them happiness and a knowledge of there savior and Heavenly Father. We as members of this church have the special chance to share what we believe and to show what has brought us closer to them. How we our selves have peace and happiness because we know that we have a modern prophet and how through the Book of Mormon we are given further light. That our church is patterned after the bible with Apostles. That our families can be sealed together for all eternity in the temple by the proper priesthood authority. 

I love you all very much. I love all that you have ever given me and taught me. I am what I am today because of all your efforts and I thank you for it. I think I am one cool dude. Hope everything goes well with you this week. Remember you can email me through the week and I can read them. Love ya'll so very much.

Love Elder Young

Ps. Thank you for the video of the house!


No comments:

Post a Comment