Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Mansfield OH #17

Hello Family,

Yet again I email you latter in the week because this Thursday is the wonderful transfers that just throws everyone out of whack. Anyway last week was good and we taught Joe again and invited him to come to General Conference. He is really interested and is looking for answers on whether there are is a prophet on the earth today. It's cool how all these things are lining up to help Joe and his conversion to the church.

This Sunday was a interesting one and I still don't know how to take it. There are a lot of converts in this Ward and in any Ward in Ohio, and so they are very informal in their testimonies. Which is fine except for this girl got up and started crying and apologizing to the ward for her behavior and that she was going to better and be the person that they are trying to help her be. It was rather weird but Joe liked it so that was good at least.

One fun thing that happened this week was that we helped a member take down a for his daughters reception. It was fun an I got to go on the roof and take of the tin panels because I'm one of the lighter Elders. It's nice to go do things like this to add verity to your life, and it's always fun doing service for people in anyway you can. Also a member made me a bath robe and it is very warm and soft. I will send pictures of it.

I'm happy to hear about Emma and the path that she is thinking about going on and I wish I could give her all the knowledge I have gained since I have been out. There is nothing more fun and rewarding than serving the lord and your fellow man. She should start reading Preach my Gospel and learn the material and what it teaches. The missionaries of course can help her get an idea of what it's like. Do you have sisters in the area? If so go out to lessons with them. Start exercising and learn how to fix a bike. 

Sorry to hear about mom and the tumble she just took and I hope that she starts to feel better. Falling is never fun and always leads to pain, so stop falling! Hope that everything continues to go well with dad and work. Sounds like you are also getting settled into the new home and making it the way you want it. As always I wish you the best and love you very much.

Love Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment