Monday, September 26, 2016

Chillicothe Ohio #2

Hello Family,

Haha I am glad that I was able to make you all laugh by making up a funny nickname for myself. My companion didn't even know that I called myself that when I first moved in. Now as for me and my companion we are getting along great and are working very hard in this area. I like it here and the members are nice but this is going to be one of those areas where I wont be feed a lot.

I like the mini van for the most part which is good because we drive everywhere because we have a large area. We also live pretty far from the nearest neighborhood and to bike would spell disaster to anyone. This area is very rich in history with native Americans and with church history. I am hopping that one of these p-days we will be able to go on one of the many hiking trails near us. Chillicothe is nice also because its not flat and we have small mountains not to far. There just a little higher than a thousand feet, but its nice to be in an area thats not completely flat.

This area is so far is been really good and we are finding tons of new people but we are having the same old problem of getting them to the return appointments that we set up with them. So far our most progressing investigator is Aaron Williamson and we have been able to meet with him a couple of times and he is moving along well. We just need to get him to come to church but have not been successful so far. He also has just come up with a concern and we hope to resolve it soon. 

The cool thing that happened this week is we were walking to go see one of the other investigators that the missionaries taught before they both got moved out. While we were walking she pulled up and started talking to us. She wanted us to start coming over again because she missed meeting with the missionaries. Then she referred us to go see her neighbor because she had been talking to her about how church could help her. It was cool to see and investigator that wanted to talk to us and that was doing missionary work. So we hope to meet with the neighbor Emily again because she wasn't their for our return appointment.


All in all a good week and I am looking forward to this week and to see what happens. Hope you all stay safe and that you all have a good time doing what ever you do. Love you all very much.

Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment