Monday, June 22, 2015

Mansfield OH #4

WOW that sounds like a good time mixed with some bad. I hate stomach pains so much and I can imagine needing to see a nurse then being in a wheel chair for the rest of the day, that must have sucked. My goal is to be healthy too. But the way my weight has been going up I may be in a wheel chair when I get off the plane ;) oh and I got my blood pressure checked at a members house that had a thingy majig that takes that stuff. Anyway I have slightly higher blood pressure than when I left. Sorry to hear about dads Father's Day and getting a nose bleed, that's no fun.

So this week was really good, well towards the end it was a lot better. So we have been trying to focus on all the current investigators that we have. So we have mainly been running around trying to meet them all and to have lessons. I will tell you of the memorable parts of the lessons that I can remember. So the first one was we got a call from one of the less actives in the ward and she told us to come to the library because she was getting a weird feeling about some guy. So jumped on our bikes and made the 2 mile trip up and down hills to go help her. When we got their this guy was sitting across from the table from her talking to her. This guy looked scary so I completely understand how she felt. She even had pepper spray on the table and ready to go, I don't get how this guy didn't get the hint. Anyway he left and we had a lesson out side of the library.

Now that I think about it a lot of the lessons I can remember having were with less actives because none of the investigators were home. So most of this week was traveling on bikes in the humid heat up hills. Any way the other lesson was with another less active Misty, who just had someone close to her die. She was someone that Elder Jones taught with his last companion. So we have not so much been teaching her but just making sure she is ok. We have been obviously though been talking about the plan of salvation. That has been helping her and I know it's what she needs and is what we should be doing. 

So that guy that we have been teaching that I didn't know his name. Well we finally found out what it is and it is Ryan Sheldon and he is one interesting person. We had a lesson with him about feeling the spirit and it went as good as to be expected. Then afterward for some reason that I can't remember he started chasing Elder Jones around the street. It was really weird and I just stood there and watched, because Elder Jones was way faster than him. Anyway he then calmed down and we had a normal good bye hand shakes and we left. I really don't know what to think about our lessons with him.

So those were the fun lessons that we had and the ones that I can really remember right now. So on Saturday we were given the area book app. So that means we have been taking our paper teaching records and have been putting them on our ipads and that has been a royal pain. I hate that app. Enough Said On That Matter. So ya that has been my life so far.

Today was really cool. We went to the old Ohio State Reformatory, which is an old jail here that has had a lot of deaths and other weird things. Its also famous because it has been used for movies like the Shaw Shank Redemption, Air Force One, and some movie with Sylvester Stallone, Kurt Russell. It was really cool old run down jail that has a lot of history of violence and death so why not go there for p-day. It was also funny because some people that were there that were from Georgia got locked in some of the cells in the solitary confinement. It was funny but they got out fast and everything was good. So that was my day.

I love you all and I hope you have a good week. Continue to be cool and to read your scriptures and pray morn and eve because it will strengthen you. Also if you have not been reading the General Conference talks I highly recommend it. Love you all. Bye


Elder Young   

No comments:

Post a Comment