Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Marble Cliff 2 #1

Hello Family,

So this week as you can probably imagine was a very crazy week for me on the mission with Elder Porter going home. So on Monday we got the news that Elder Porter would be going home the next day in the morning and that I would be leaving to a new area that night. So I to pack very quickly and get ready to drive us to the mission home, so I managed to pack my stuff in 30 minutes which a new record for me. I left some stuff I'm realizing as the week has gone on but I packed in 30 minutes so Im still impressed. 

Anyway we got to the mission home at 9 Monday night and weighed Elder Porters bags and I waited for my new companions to show up. I am in a trio again with an Elder Cox from Manti Utah, and a Elder Welker from Shelly Idaho. I like them a lot and we are working hard. I was told Monday by President that he was sending me on another mission and that was to keep an eye on my companions and the district as a whole. So I have become the fix it missionary now, Ya. I lucked out though because they are already obedient so no real work to be done.

So this week we have just been walking around our area trying to talk to people and to get in contact with our investigators. Oh by the way my area is Called Marble Cliff 2 which is in Columbus on the north end. We cover down town Columbus which has a lot of cool little stores. Its weird to be back in the big city after being in the small town communities, but it is all coming back to me. I am really excited to just be out working again and to not be sitting in the apartment doing nothing.

Now as for traditions in the mission we just burn stuff at the 6, 12, 18, and 24 month marks of our mission. The mission President is trying to stop it though. I have only burned a tie though and I found it in the Reynoldsburg apartment so it wasn't even my tie. Also my stuff is doing really well my buttons on my shirts are getting weak but I haven't had to sew one on. My shoes are doing really great the only thing that is bad about them is the are not as waterproof anymore. I try to take very good care of my stuff so that I don't have to do a lot of maintenance.

One thing that I forgot to tell you about this week was we had Elder Zeballos of the seventy come and train us which was really cool. He talked about the importance of the Holly Ghost in missionary work and how we as missionaries can only bring the spirit unto the hearts of those we teach. That they have to bring the spirit into there hearts, and that we help the recognize the spirit so that they can let it in. Also we met a crazy lady while out knocking on doors and the conversation went like this:
Lady: Are you Jehovah Witnesses? 
Elder Cox: Uh no were LDS
Lady: Thats good, Hail satan.
Elder Cox: Uh, We go around talking to people about Jesus...
Lady: No thanks we worship the dark lord, Satan, in this house.
It was really weird and really funny at the same time, at least she was nice about not being interested though.

All is good here though and I am working hard in the new area with my new companions who are really good Elders. I hope that you all have a good week and that you continue strong and I will see you in 6 months. Oh could you send me some bee pollen for my allergies.




No comments:

Post a Comment