Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Hilliard Ohio #5

Hello Family,

This has been a good week full of good old riding a bike full time and tracting a bunch of houses. For you it sounds like you did a lot more or at least had a lot more going on. I however am glad that I do not have a bunch of men on my roof pulling off shingles and replacing them. Instead I was out under the burning sun getting a nice tan and getting eaten alive by bugs. 

We had some good lessons with people at there doors again and hope that we will get a second lesson with someone soon. As for that family we don't know what is going on with them. When ever we stop by to talk to them they are either not home or don't answer the door. We will continue to try though. Coolest lesson we had was yesterday, we met a guy named JD. He came out and had questions and talked with us for a little while. He also the only person who gave us a return appointment this week. So I am happy that one person actually talked to us.

This week was however very hard because we met a lot of people that had to make the effort to come and make fun of us. This one guy was funny but it was still hard. He drove up to us in his car and told us that we should go and bug other people. He also asked what a bunch of kids were going to teach him that he didn't already know. Then I just kind of tuned out and just smiled. I however remember him telling us that we were weird for believing in a heavenly daddy. He then asked if we still believe in Santa Claus. It was a really weird interaction were this man was trying to make himself sound better than us but insulted himself in the process.


Life is good and I am glad to hear that you are all doing good back home. Tomorrow I will be at my 20 month mark and will only have 4 months left. It's crazy how things go by so fast. I love you all and want you to know I am working hard and will see you soon.

Elder Young
So this morning we had a zone activity and I played volleyball with the sisters and a few of the Elders. Well I tried to at least, several of the sisters really knew what they were doing. Then we played blindfolded softball. That was weird and sadly not many liked it. So we played normal softball with whiffle balls. It was fun and I ended up slamming into this one elder trying to get back to base while he was running to get me out. It was funny because it didn't hurt at all and everyone freaked out. Probably because I just laid there after it happened and didn't move. It was all really fun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment