Monday, July 4, 2016

Hilliard Ohio #2

Hello Family,

This has been a good week and I am so glad to have some stories to share with you this week that are really cool. I am also glad to hear that you are all doing good and that you are meeting new people in the ward. I love being on a bike again because this area is flat so It takes little area to get around. The hard part is biking with traffic but we don't care and just ride on the sidewalk because it is one safer and two no one walks here. The weather has been really hot and very humid and Elder Belnap is dying. Also had some crazy lightning storms come through, I just love the sound of thunder when it shakes the  building.

So this week we were able to meet one of the investigators that Elder Belnap was teaching before I got here. His name was Clarence and he is awesome. Has a great desire to be an example to his family and is looking for a church to do that. What was really cool is that as we taught him he told us that he already believed is the things we were teaching. Like when we told him about the pre earth life he got really excited and was told us over and over that he knew that was true. Cant wait to see him again.

Also I had the opportunity to exercise so of the responsibilities of being a district leader that I didn't get to do the first time. I got to conduct a baptism because there wasn't anyone there from the bishopric to lead of preside. So I got to conduct under the authority of President Daines who was there to preside. It was a neat experience to site next to President Daines and to be directed by him on things that he wanted to happen during the event. Then this Sunday I interviewed a lady named Alyssa Lemaster for Baptism. Now that was most definitely new and a lot easier than I thought it would be which is always the case. I like being a district leader I just hate doing district meetings and teaching missionaries who already know the ropes. Oh well.

One more cool thing happened after church. A part member family was at church that I didn't see and it made me a little sad that I didn't see them. But they met with Bishop and after we were introduced to them. They were awesome and I could just tell that they are a prepared family and that they are ready to hear and learn the gospel. This will be one of the few times I have taught a family and I can't wait to see how they help each other and grow together. What a rare experience to teach families and a very special one. I will keep you in the loop with there progression.


This week has been full of small blessings and it is just a reminder that the lord is aware of us in our sufferings and that he does reach out through others. The love of our Heavenly Father has been very evident as this week has been full of trials and hard ship. But I know that as we continue to follow and pray to him he will help us so that we can have the strength to push forward. I love you all and hope that you have a good week!

Elder Belknap and Elder Young


No comments:

Post a Comment